The Centre for Effective Altruism helps to support the effective altruism community: a global community of people who have made helping others a core part of their lives, and who use evidence and reason to figure out how to do so as effectively as possible.
To accomplish this we share ideas through online resources and forums and connect people by organizing events and supporting EA community groups.
If you share our goals, we hope you’ll consider a donation.
Here's a brief summary of our current projects:
- We provide guidance and resources to effective altruism groups.
- We organize EA Global conferences and support volunteers who run EAGx eventss.
- We collect the best introductory content on effective altruism, and share it through social media, effectivealtruism.org, and the EA Newsletter.
- We run the EA Forum, an online hub for discussing the ideas of effective altruism.
- We encourage donations to effective organizations by running EA Funds and supporting Giving What We Can, a community of people who donate 10% of their income.
- We provide grants to local community organizers through EA Community Building Grants.
We use Effective Altruism Funds to process donations to the Centre for Effective Altruism.
You can donate via credit/debit card, bank transfer, check (US), and GoCardless direct debit (UK). If you have any questions or specific needs please get in touch to discuss your situation.
Donations to the Centre for Effective Altruism are split among our projects, depending on where they will do the most good. If you have any other questions, please get in touch!
We aim to be transparent about our mission, our work, and our history. If you have any questions or feedback for us, please contact Max Dalton, Executive Director.
More on the Centre for Effective Altruism:
- Our overall strategy, and how our work relates to it
- Our team and organizational structure
- Mistakes we’ve made