Combining empathy with evidence
Effective altruism is an intellectual project, using evidence and reason to figure out how to benefit others as much as possible. And it’s also a practical project: to take action based on this research, and build a radically better world.Learn more about effective altruism
What is the effective altruism network?
Effective altruism is a global network of people who care deeply about the world, make helping others a significant part of their lives, and use evidence and reason to figure out how best to do so.
You can read more about our guiding principles here.
How you can get involved
- Learn more about effective altruism: read our introduction, or try out a book, video, or podcast.
- Find an outstanding charity with our favorite guide to charitable giving.
- Read and discuss ideas on the Effective Altruism Forum.
- Attend one of our events, which we hold online and around the world. We also keep a list of community-run events.
- Find your EA group. We have over 200 groups in dozens of countries, as well as online groups focused on specific career paths and affiliations. You could even start a group if there isn't one in your area, workplace, or affiliation yet.