Applications for this position have closed
As an Communications Officer (part time, contract role) at the Centre for Effective Altruism, you will report to Katie Glass and will work to communicate our vision to the effective altruism community and wider population of people who may be interested in our ideas. You will be responsible for managing CEA’s social media channels and external communications, particularly regarding upcoming events such as our EA Global conferences.
- Executing our social media strategy by creating a content calendar for CEA social media channels
- Creating and posting social media content
- Triaging and responding to inbound enquiries
- Copywriting for external emails and blog posts
- Updating material on the CEA website
- Creating supporting materials and documentation to help with the execution of EA Global (such as speaker packets and city guides)
- Working with vendors to design & produce creative assets for EA Global, such as the physical program, photos and videos
- Attending EA Global San Francisco June 15-17 and creating live content for our channels during the event
This role provides an excellent opportunity to use skills from the non-profit, business or startup world to direct work within the effective altruism movement. As a Communications Officer, you’ll be on the front line of influencing CEA’s external communications strategy. You’ll help ensure we stay focused on building and strengthening the effective altruism community while remaining true to its core values as it grows.
The role would suit someone who has a good understanding of effective altruism, can think strategically and has superb written communication skills. You’ll need to be calm under pressure, have a good understanding of what motivates people and be highly organized to stay on top of competing requests.
For those with the right skills, ensuring that future events are carefully communicated can be a uniquely compelling opportunity to have an impact. If you work for the Centre for Effective Altruism, you’ll be part of a focused team of intelligent, caring, enthusiastic colleagues who want to change the world.
- Detailed knowledge of the EA movement and a desire to focus on building the EA movement as your primary pathway to improving the world.
- Long-term commitment to developing skills in social media management, copywriting and digital communications.
- At least one year experience in online communications, digital marketing, social media management or community management.
- Experience using social media management tools such as Buffer and Facebook analytics.
- Experience creating and executing online campaigns.
- Excellent organization skills, including a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Robust intrinsic motivation. We’re looking for someone who can act autonomously with little guidance, who can be tenacious in ensuring that things get done.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are happy to make any reasonable accommodations necessary to welcome all to our workplace. Please contact us to discuss adjustments to the application process.
Salary is $25/hour but negotiable depending on experience and qualifications. This is a part time role:
- 1/2 day a week
- To start ASAP
- Ends on 22 June (with the potential for extension)
Remote work is acceptable as long as the applicant is able and willing to travel to San Francisco, Oxford or other locations as required.
How to apply
Email your CV/resume and cover letter to Katie Glass at email@example.com.