Applications for this position have closed
As an Assistant Event Producer (part time, contract) at the Centre for Effective Altruism, you will report to Katie Glass and will work to ensure the success of Effective Altruism Global San Francisco 2018, taking place on 8-10 or 15-17 June (to be confirmed). You will be responsible for assisting with logistical planning for the events, managing vendors and ensuring the smooth production of the event.
- Assisting with project plans for EA Global and ensuring that key components of the conference are completed in a timely manner.
- Assisting with logistical tasks including liaising with the venue, managing vendors (catering, AV etc) and helping to produce the agenda.
- Updating the event website and online agenda.
- Contributing to the accounting process for the event.
- Serving as a logistical point-of-contact during the event and in the days and weeks leading up to the event.
- Contributing to the design of event registration and feedback systems.
- Creating and implementing additional systems and tools to improve coordination and information sharing between events.
- Generally ensuring that the event goes well and that all necessary tasks are completed.
Conferences and events serve as a centerpiece in CEA’s strategy to build the infrastructure of the EA movement. Conferences allow the movement to a) distribute new ideas quickly and effectively; b) create a shared narrative for the community; c) serve as a training and recruiting ground for new EAs and d) improve coordination in the EA community.
We think it’s likely that the EA Global conferences will set the tone for the EA movement over the coming year and that our execution of the event will create positive (or negative) reverberations for the future of effective altruism. For those with the right skills, ensuring that future events are carefully strategized and generally well-run may be a uniquely compelling opportunity to have an impact.
- Long-term commitment to developing skills in logistics and operations.
- Experience running large, logistically complex events.
- Excellent organization skills, including a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Robust intrinsic motivation. We’re looking for someone who can act autonomously with little guidance, who can be tenacious in ensuring that things get done.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are happy to make any reasonable accommodations necessary to welcome all to our workplace. Please contact us to discuss adjustments to the application process.
Salary is $25/hour but negotiable depending on experience and qualifications. This is a part time role:
1 day a week until 11 May
5 days a week from 14 May until 22 June
To start ASAP & end on 22 June (with the potential for extension).
Remote work is acceptable as long as the applicant is able and willing to travel to San Francisco, Oxford or other locations as required. If you are interested, apply here.
How to apply
Email your CV/resume and cover letter to Katie Glass at email@example.com.