I’ll keep our supporters update short this month as we have written this blog post that covers CEA’s vision, mission, values and ongoing planning process. This post also includes what we’re focusing on in Q2 and why.
As I mentioned last month, this quarter we’re focusing on consolidating internally (improving our internal operations and preparing for a June hiring round) and supporting the community.
In short, our Q2 goals are:
1. Improving our external communications
This will involve activities like:
- Sharing more of our thinking on our CEA blog, Giving What We Can blog and Facebook page
- Encouraging more people to sign up for these monthly updates
2. Strengthening and developing the online and in-person EA community
This will involve projects like:
- adding new introductory content to effectivealtruism.org
- improving the online signup process for Giving What We Can members
- finding new ways to support local groups and link up their members with the wider effective altruism community (such as having one signup process for group members and a dashboard for group leaders on effectivealtruism.org
- Successfully executing of a range of events including EA Global Boston, EA Global San Francisco, as well as smaller local events and a gathering for leaders in the EA community.
3. Consolidating internally
This will involve processes like:
- Completing our 2017 and draft 2018 budgets
- Starting our six month review
- improving our hiring and HR processes
- Conducing a hiring round
You can more detail on these in the blog post.
With these goals in mind there are a couple of things you can do to help.
- Firstly, if you speak to anyone who is wondering what CEA is working on or why please encourage them to sign up for these supporters updates with this very quick form.
- Secondly, If you would like to see shorter, regular updates from us please like the Centre for Effective Altruism Facebook page
Beyond that CEA will soon be advertising for a number of positions. I will update you all in the coming weeks when the positions are posted.
If you have any candidates to recommend or questions about anything in this email please do get in touch with me.
All the best,